- We bloggers should wait a few hours before compulsively hitting "publish" after we write a blog entry--so that things can settle and we can come to it fresh. We need to look for echoes. We need to edit for length.
- There are a lot of women with mom/coupon/money-saving blogs. You can find great deals at RainingHotCoupons and GreenBacksGal and MommySavers.
- I am the world's worst Tweeter. I tried my best. But I don't really like it and must try harder. My friend Elaina and I would sit at tables of women and no one would be talking. Everyone was staring at their phones tweeting. I felt terribly old fashioned and rather out of the loop. But maybe not in a bad way. At least Elaina and I could chat.
- The CEO of Pepsi, Indra Nooyi, is winning and warm. I believe her when she says that an ice cold Pepsi is "to die for." She spoke about the trouble with being a wife/mother/CEO. I think any woman wanting to work and raise her family has so many sacrifices and choices to make. I am struggling with that myself. But imagine being the CEO of Pepsi and raising kids. That gave me a lot of perspective. Did you know that Pepsi uses Stevia in some of its products? At least that's progress, right? In fact, because large companies want to captivate the blogosphere and get good viral PR, many large corporations were on hand selling the benefits of their products to us. I'm not sure that McDonalds' new healthy oatmeal offering is going to win them a get-out-of-jail card from this blogger, however.
- Here is a book that looks funny: Got M I L F? The Modern Mom's Guide to Feeling Fabulous, Looking Great and Rocking a Minivan. M I L F author, Sarah Maizes spoke on pitching a book. She was lovely and generous with her ideas. Watch the trailer for her book here. Funny.
- Met some really lovely women like Kate from PeepThread and Carrien Blue of the Charis Project and Lilian from ChineseGrandma.
I will leave you with a quote I heard there:
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman
(And now, instead of waiting overnight to hone my writing and make this post better, I am going to hit "publish." I'll edit it later.)